Wednesday, September 7, 2011

AuTumN is almost HeRe!


With Labor Day weekend marking the end of summer that only means one thing...AuTuMn is near! AuTuMn is my favorite time of year. There are so many great things that make fall the best season....besides my birthday!


Top 10 reasons why I love AuTuMn:


1. Cooler weather...without the spring rains
2. Leaves changing colors
3. Thanksgiving
4. Football
5. Pumpkin Spice Lattes
6. The smell of decaying leaves (or "the smell of fall")
7. Haunted houses, hay rides, and corn mazes (yes i combined these three because 10 is not    enough!
8. Cinnamon, and the dark flavors used in cooking fall dishes
9. Apple Pie
10. The feeling of warmth and family


Fall just brings this weather and feeling of curling up on the couch with the windows open, a blanket over your legs, a warm fire at your feet, and a big fat Harry Potter book in your hands (I am getting depressed that I am writing about this rather than living it out at the moment!).  


 It is already fall at our home.  I have a Paula Dean pumpkin spice candle burning at every presented opportunity, a happy harvest trinket, dried corn, and pumpkins already making their appearances on our shelves and tables. Don't be surprised if there is an apple pie in the oven within the next week.  But to officially kick off the Autumn season you can pass up a PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE from starbucks.  Yes ladies and gentlemen...it's back! And I have already had my first taste! Sadly, there are still a few more weeks of warm weather ahead...but watch out! Autumn is right around the corner and for me...it's already begun!





No comments:

Post a Comment