Saturday, January 12, 2013

Meal Planning is the Name of the Game

Boy oh boy do I have something exciting to share with you! 


Last week I gave you a tour of our pantry and how awful it was. And how I fixed that problem. This week I stumbled upon a website that is going to make grocery shopping, meal planning, and organizing so much easier! 



It is called: www.pepperplate.com


This website (and app might I add!) is a place to store and organize recipes that you find online. But not only that....You can create shopping lists, menus, and meal planners! And it's super simple.


Let me show you:






This is my profile. You can see the three categories: recipes, menu, planner, and shopping. First things first, let's add some recipes! 



One of my favorite things to do in my free time is find new recipes online. The problem..where do I keep them if I ever want to use them again? I have finally found a solution! Find your recipe online, copy the url, and place it in blank box and click add.

Easy peasy right?!


You can also add recipe's manually. Nana's pecan pie recipe has been uploaded to a safe (and readable) place!



Pepperplace conveniently gives you a list of websites that they support. Not only are my favorites (pioneer woman's tasty kitchen and foodnetwork) on the list, but there are so many other places that I would have never known to search for recipes! Discovering this list was like discovering presents on Christmas morning.




All of your recipes are stored here under the recipe tab. They even have pretty pictures and list the name of the website where you find them (some even have calorie counts!!)




Next, you can create menus. 

Do I want green beans or corn with my meatloaf? 




Plan out your meals for the next week. And it's not only dinner...lunch and breakfast can be included too!! 

My life is complete.




And of course...we can't forget about the shopping list. Not only is this list interactive (it has check boxes!!!), it also categorizes each item. Your cheese will never again be listed next to your BBQ sauce (what a travesty). You can even add extra items like laundry detergent, dog food, etc. 

Some items the site may not recognize but don't you worry. You can select a category for it.


This website has me all excited to plan our meals and step into the kitchen. I hope that you find it as handy as I do!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment