Saturday, January 19, 2013

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

I know it's winter.

I know it's freezing outside (well today it's actually in the 60s..crazy I know!)

But sometimes I just get a craving for a smoothie. Today was one of those days.

So here is the recipe for a DELICIOUS strawberry banana smoothie!

1 very ripe banana (this is important. If you don't use a very ripe banana your smoothie will turn foamy in gross.)
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup of orange juice of your choice (or any juice)
a squirt or two of agave nectar (or honey)

Throw all of that in a good quality blender and blend it well. You don't want any large chunks of strawberry.

...or do you?

Sometimes I'll even leave out the agave nectar, so the only sugar that you are getting is from the fruit and the orange juice! You may also want to strain the smoothie afterwards if you don't like the strawberry seeds. 

I wonder what would happen if you added some coconut flavoring....

I hope that you enjoy this smoothie as much as I am!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment