Saturday, February 16, 2013

Banana Cream Sundae

Boy do I have a treat for you guys! This year for Valentine's Day we decided to stay at home and cook a meal together. Lonnie came up with dinner (steak, shrimp, salad, and macaroni and cheese...it was to DIE for!) 


And I came up with dessert!



Now, my husband's favorite dessert is his Mawmaw's banana pudding. Now, we all know that there's no way that I can compete with Mawmaw's banana pudding. I mean come on, it has Mawmaw's Love mixed all in it.



So I wasn't even going to try. Instead I created this...




I am calling it my 'Banana Cream Sundae' and let me tell you...woah. Hold on tight because this is going to be one of the best desserts you have ever tried!

And it's not complicated at all.



Start by collecting a few ingredients. Nilla Wafers, Cool Whip, 1 Banana, White Chocolate Bar (I used Lindt. It must be at room temperature), Banana Cream Pie pudding mix, and a cute glass to put it in!

*Side Note: You could easily make this sugar free or fat free and it would be just as delicious.


First, you'll want to make your banana cream pudding. I used the quick pudding mix. Follow the directions on the box. Once the pudding has set, you'll want to let it cool. Pop it in the freezer if you're in a rush. Just make sure you check on it often so that it does not get to cold. You want it to be about room temperature so that when you fold in the cool whip it will mix well. 

Once the pudding is ready and at room temperature, fold in 1/2 of the cool whip until well mixed.

Now the fun part! Assembly!

Slice your banana into 1/4 slices. I used one banana for two glasses but you can always add more/less. Make sure to save a few banana slices for garnish!



Then add your pudding/cool whip mixture. Try not to touch the edge of the glass. You want to keep the glass as clean as possible. 



Now put your Nilla wafers in a ziploc and smash using a glass, rolling pin, whatever you can find in your kitchen that will crush the wafers. Like so. 

I forget how good Nilla wafers are...I had to sneak a few. MMMmm.



So I made a mistake on this part. You see in the picture below I got so excited to make this puppy that I forgot to sprinkle the Nilla wafers on top of the pudding mixture before I added the cool whip. It won't be as pretty but..it still tastes delicious! But it still makes me sad. I'm all about the pretty...



So if you are following the correct directions you would add the cool whip now. But I had to add the wafers instead. Sigh.



Now this is fun! Make sure your white chocolate is at room temperature. Using a vegetable peeler, create little chocolate curls. It makes me feel so elegant and classy. Look at those pretty curls! 


Lastly, garnish your sundae with a slice of banana and a piece of the white chocolate. All I can say is banana heaven. Sweet Sweet mother of bananas. This dessert drives me bananas (in a good way).

And let me tell you Lonnie absolutely LOVED it!

Now go make you some! You know you want to. It's nanalicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment