Friday, December 30, 2011

Thank you Pinterest

Thanks to the wonderful world of Pinterest I have found a few DIY projects to keep me busy. Tonight's DIY project has 3 parts: A new larger, more grown up calendar, an "i love you because.." board, and of course a "Honey-Do" list. 


Someone out there had this amazing idea to turn picture frames into functional, practical pieces of art. Genius. I love this person whoever you are. 


If it's practical and functional, I'm all over it. Stationary, office supplies, organizers...


Yes, I have issues. I'm ok with this. Let's say it keeps me sane!


Anyway, below is my attempt at these awesome DIY projects:



Calendar..I need a new dry erase marker. Mine is fading out. To make this I glued (spray adhesive not normal glue-takes care of bubbles and messiness.) scrapbook paper to the back of the frame. I've seen others use fabric as well. I chose paper because it was the quick and easy route. The only issue using paper is there is a seam. It's not hurting my feelings.


"I love you because..." I saw this and thought it was adorable. So many mornings I don't really get the opportunity to talk with Lonnie. A quick I love you and I'm out the door. This gives me one more opportunity to let him now how much I love him.

This is made with the same scrapbook paper. I also added a heart and two love birds.


These boards are placed on our largest kitchen wall next to the fridge.



As soon as I get more sticky picture hanging things, the "Honey-Do" list will go below the "I love you because...". The layout mimics the popular photo collage layouts. 

VIOLA! Functional Art! 

If you haven't joined Pinterest..I URGE you to do it NOW! You don't want to miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment